Tri Colour Popsicle Recipe, Independence Day Special Recipe
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
On Monday, India celebrating 70th Independence Day. After almost 150 years of British empower, India finally got independence on 15th August 1947. Till from that day to current situation, India has improved a lot in various fields. It is one of the fastest developing country since then.
Here, I am also celebrating our Independence day with my lovely daughter with this DIY recipe. Today, I am coming with Tri colour fruit Popsicle which represent Indian flag colours Orange, white and green. I have adopted this recipe from Simpleindianrecipes.com with little modification.
This is healthy and natural colour Popsicle. I have used fresh seasonal fruits to get variation in colours. Orange custard apple and kiwi gives you nice natural colours. You can even use papaya, mango for orange colour or a banana for white colour.
Try this Tri Colour Popsicle Recipe and do let me know your views.
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Recipe type & Cuisine: Dessert
Makes: 5-6 Popsicles
Orange juice :2-3 oranges
Sugar: 1 tablespoon
Milk: 2 cup
Custard apple:1 small
Sugar: 2 Tablespoons
Sugar: 4 tablespoons (as per taste)
DIY Recipe for Tri Colour Popsicle:
1. Extract orange juice from the oranges. Add sugar as per your taste.
2. Take Popsicle mold add orange juice in the Popsicle till 1/4th. Keep it in the freezer for 1 hour or till it sets.
3. Meantime, prepare for white and green colour. Remove seed from the custard apple. Keep it aside.
4. Mix the milk and sugar and keep on medium flame till milk get little thick. Once done, add custard apple and mix it properly. Keep it aside.
5. Now prepare green colour, remove kiwi skin. Cut it into slices and grind it to get thick pulp with little water. For better result in green colour, do not take kiwi’s seed. Keep it aside or you can strain the pulp.
6. Once, milk mixture cool. Add this mixture in a mold where orange juice is already set. Keep in freezer for minimum 1 hour as milk required more time to set.
7. Once milk sets, add kiwi pulp and this time close with mold lids. Keep it in deep fridge till 6-7 hours.
8. While unmolding, keep Popsicle mold in running water and unmold it.
9. Serve chilled.
1. I forgot to strain the kiwi juice so this is the main reason, i have not received proper result in green colour as you can see in the picture.
2. Use different variation for green colour, you can take spinach leaves also with kiwi.
Yummy Indian Recipe