Sabudana Vada Recipe, How To Make Sabudana Vada for Fasting
One of the most popular snacks in Maharashtrian cuisine made from sago/tapioca pearl also known as sabbaki, Javarissi in other Indian states. I made this Sabudana Vada for today’s Breakfast.
Sabudana Vada is also serve in fasting season. We can make various sabudana food for fasting such as as Sabudana Khichadi, Sabudana Puri, Sabudana Thalipith. I have tried these recipes earlier, but never got the chance to take a photos. Now It is in my to-do list to try it again and take the pictures for my blog.
This crispy and delicious Sabudana Vada is served with sweet curd, coconut chutney or even with Tomato Sauce . Today I have tried with simple plain coconut chutney because I have a shortage of curd.
I have added all the ingredients which are normally avoided in fasting recipe. If you are specially trying this Sabudana Vada recipe for Fasting days than avoid coriander leaves, curry leaves and chilli powder.
Soaking Time is more important to make sabudana recipes. We require minimum 3-4 hours to soak the sabudana in water. I have soaked this sabudana in Night so I can make this for morning breakfast so my soaking time is around 7-8 hours so I got really soft and spongy sabudana’s.
Let ‘s try this recipe now!!!
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Cuisine: Breakfast, Snacks
Makes/Serves: 2-3 Serving
Sabudana/Sago: 1 Cup
Potato: 2 Small
Roasted Peanut Powder: ½ Cup
Green Chilli: 1
Cumin Seed/Jeera :1 Tspn
Salt or Rock Salt (Saidhav Namak) to taste
Sugar :1/2 Tspn
Grated Coconut: 1 Tbsn
Coriander Leaves: 1 Tbsn
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Red Chili Powder:1 Tspn
Lemon Juice: ½ Tspn
Oil for frying
Recipe for Sabudana Vada :
- Wash and soak 1 cup of Sabudana in Water about Half-an-hour.
- After half-an-hour, remove all the water and just keep a little water (approx. 1 Tbsn) in sabudana and keep it minimum 4 hours or 7-8 hours.
- After 7 hours, you will get nice fluffy and spongy sabudana. They double the size after soaking.
- Roast the peanut without oil in pan and grind it. Keep it aside.
- Meantime, Boil the potatoes, once cooled down completely remove the skin and mash the potatoes with the help of your hand or folk. If you don’t have potato masher. Keep it aside.
- Take one big bowl. Add sabudana, peanuts powder, grated coconut, green chillies and all the ingredients.
- Mix well with your hand. Make small equal size ball and flatten the ball to get the shape of Vada.
- Heat oil in Kadhai or Pan. Deep fry them in batch of 3- 4. Fry all vada’s until get a nice golden colour and crispness.
- Serve with sweet curd or coconut chutney.
- You can add Rajgira/ amaranth flour for binding purpose but as per my experience potato is more than enough for binding the Vada. This is just full proof recipe to get golden crispy sabudana vada.
- The oil we use for frying purpose is neither too hot or nor or warm. If its to hot, it will burn the vada or if its warm it will absorb the all oil.
- If you want crispy vada, you need to brown them outside.
Yummy Indian Recipes