A Summer Recipe : Watermelon Granita
Rain started last weekend but not the way we want… We still feel the summer.. Our juices, milkshakes, ice cream and summer recipes intakes are increasing day by day due to heat and humidity…
I love to search new recipes on the web and try in our kitchen. While browsing few recipes, I got this today’s recipe from here.. It is non other than Watermelon Granita… If you know about Mumbai Chaupati and Beaches, you all aware of spoon gola.. The Ice with varieties of juices and flavors.. This watermelon granita is kind of watermelon juice or you can say freeze watermelon lemonade..
I love the texture of this granita, it always reminds my school days and summer vacation. We used to eat lots of ice gola in summer.
We can also try muskmelon, orange, grapes, sweet lime or even strawberry granita.. Watermelon itself has lots of water so we don’t need to add extra water just lemon and sugar is more enough to make this granita. For strawberry granita, we need to add little water..
Finally, sorry for not getting a good pictures as my daughter is in so hurry to try her watermelon Ice cream.. As per her thoughts . Also, the heat was so much while scraping with the help of folk, it got melted. So let try this easy peasy watermelon granita recipe.
Watermelon Cubes: 2 and Half Cup
Lemon Juice: From Half Lemon
Sugar: 2 Tablespoon or as per watermelon taste.
Recipe For Watermelon Granita:
1. Add watermelon cubes, sugar and lemon juice in mixer.
2. Grind it till gets nice juice.
3. If it does contain any watermelon seed, then strain from the strainer.
4. Transfer it in deep fridge bowl or box.
5. Fridge it till 3-4 hours or for better result keep it over night.
6. While serving, take out of the fridge. With the help of folk or spoon, scrape out nicely and serve immediately.
7. Enjoy this chilled watermelon granita.
Yummy Indian Recipe