Spinach Poori | How to make Spinach Poori -Toddler Recipe
Today, I am going to share spinach poori or palak poori recipe. This is a special toddler recipe for those children who do not want to eat vegetable, same like my daughter 🙂
She never wants to eat vegetables so I always hide these vegetables in Poori, Paratha and chapati (roti). Same like Palak green poori, I have also tried tomato poori.
Spinach poori is healthy and delicious Indian bread which is prepared by spinach puree, wheat flour and special Indian spices such as a Garam Masala, Cumin Powder and other spices. Poori is always like by a toddler or elders but, when you try with vegetables like spinach or carrot or tomato. It always enhances the taste of puri. This palak puri takes same time to get prepared as required for simple puri. So lets try how to make palak poori with simple step- by-step instruction.
wheat flour (chapati aata). : 1 Cup
Spinach: 1 Cup
Ginger: 1/4th Inch
Salt to taste
Chilly powder: 1/4th Teaspoon
Garam Masala: 1/4th Teaspoon
Cumin Seed Powder: 1/4th Teaspoon
Oil for fry
Recipe for Spinach Poori:
1. Blanch the spinach. Take water and boil, add spinach leaves in boiling water and let them cook for 1 minute. Switch off the gas and remove from the water.
2. In mixer grinder, take blanch spinach, ajwain and ginger. grind it till the smooth paste.
3. Now take wheat flour in a bowl. Add chilly powder, salt and spinach paste.
4. Make a dough. Do not add water, if required only add a spoon of water. Add little oil to make smooth dough.
5. Keep it aside the dough for 10 minutes.
6. Heat the oil in kadhai. Make poori and deep fry palak poori in heated oil.
7. Serve with curd, ketchup or achar.
Yummy Indian Recipes