How To Make Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar Halawa is delicious, rich dessert prepared from carrot and milk. Traditionally, making Carrot Halwa with slow cooking method is time consuming, almost take a more than an hour. other methods are cook carrot in pressure cooker or cook with condensed milk.
I have tried the traditional way to cook gajar halwa completely in a milk and malai (fresh cream). Along with this milk and malai, ghee and cardamom powder gives nice aroma and rich texture to this Gajar Ka Halwa. This is traditional recipe require time and patience. Khoya is not required for this recipe. Just mix grated carrot, milk and ghee. Slow cook on low to medium flame and mix it in between. A heavy bottom kadhai or not stick kadhai are useful to make halwa or else it will burn the Halwa.
During winter we always make gajar halwa because in the winter season we get those special delhi carrots and these carrots are tasty and juicy. You can use normal carrot as well.
Last, There was a “Gudi Padwa”. A “Maharashtrian New Year”. We used to make sweets on this day. I prepared Gajar Halwa Recipe for new year celebration. Below is the pic for same Gajar Halwa with Khoya.
Whether you want satisfy your relatives on special occasion or want to satisfy your children, these gajar ka halwa is the best option from todler to adults. Enjoy the sweetness!!!
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Recipe type & Cuisine: Indian Sweets
Grated Carrot : 4-5 Cup
Full Fat Cream : 4 Cup
Clarified Butter or Ghee : 3 Tablespoon
Sugar : 1/2 Cup (As per Sweetness)
Cardamom Powder : 1/2 Teaspoon
Saffron Strand : a pinch (optional)
Almond : 10-15 (Microwave 5 minute in water and blanch the almond)
Cashew: 6-7 (optional)
How To Make Gajar Ka Halwa:
1. Grate the Carrot with Peeler.
2. Add ghee in a nonstick Kadhai, once heated add grated carrots and stir on low flame.
3. Add milk and mix properly.
4. Bring the carrot mixture to boil and then cooked on Medium flame.
5. stir well in between to avoid burning.
6. carrot mixture will cook with in 30 minutes. and the milk will start to reduce.
7. when the milk has reduced, add sugar and cardamom powder.
8. keep on stirring the halwa every 5-10 minutes on low flame.
10. When halwa almost done, add the sliced almond, cashews and raisins and cook on low flame till all the halwa become dry. switch off the gas.
11. serve the gajar halwa or you can serve cold gajar halwa also.
Yummy Indian Recipes