How To MAke Wheat Cookies or Atta Biscuits
Cherry on top simple home-made wheat cookies. This is simple cookies or biscuit recipe which anyone can make with just few hands on ingredients from your kitchen. I love to make recipes and food in a limited amount of time. This Wheat cookie can make within a few minutes for morning breakfast or evening snack time.
Now-a-days, making biscuits, cookies or nankhatai has increased in my kitchen after purchasing new convection mode microwave. I have even tried trutti-frutti biscuit and failed once because I was in a hurry and reduced resting time in the fridge and this is the main reason it gets cracked while cutting into slices but taste wise it was best . In 2nd attempt, I have succeeded in Trutti Frutti Biscuits. I will update this recipe soon. Of course, all those cookie recipes are not my own. I have adapted those recipes from the web. Google is my guardian while cooking.
This crunchy cookie can make you drool while enjoying your evening tea and snacks. My daughter is a big fan of this wheat cookie and I also feel happy while having this flourless cookie. It doesn’t take more than 45 minutes including baking period.
Surprise your child with this Cherry on Top wheat cookies. You can use cashew or any nuts instead of cherry, but I can say cherry looks more cute and representative. Go….grabs your spatula and make your cookies today!!!!
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Recipe type & Cuisine: Cookies
Makes: 9-10 Cookies
Whole Wheat Flour: 1/2 Cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup, Powdered
Baking Soda – 1/4 Tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 Tsp
Oil – 1/4 Cup
Milk – 2 to 3 Tsp (if needed for binding)
Salt – a pinch
Cherry for topping
Recipe for Wheat Cookies or Atta Biscuits:
- Line baking tray with baking paper or parchment paper and keep aside.
- In bowl, add oil, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix it well with spatula or hand. You will get crumbly mixture.
- Add a spoonful of milk to knead the dough. If require add another 1 Tspn milk. Don’t add full milk at the starting stage.
- Take a small portion of dough approximate lemon size. Flatten little and press half cherry on top.
- Arrange those cookies on baking tray and bake it for 10-12 minutes in 180 degree preheated oven.
- Remove from the oven and place it on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, store it in an air tight container.
Notes: Don’t over baked, as it turns hard.
Yummy Indian Recipes