How To Make Kheer or Payasam, Vermicilli Seviyan
From past few days, I was waiting for some occasion to make Vermicelli Kheer and to post on Yummyindianrecipes and on Thursday, I got a chance to make this kheer as it was Janmashtami so I made a kheer-puri for naivaidya. Also, one of my office colleague wants to know how to make kheer recipe so this is the one more reason.
It is very simple to make seviyan kheer or payasam. To make seviyan kheer, we need full fat cream as it will give nice thick structure to kheer so we don’t require khoya also. Khoya gives rich texture to kheer. Khoya can be easily available in sweet shops.
There are various variations available to make kheer but I used this standard recipe which I learned from my maternal aunt. Another method is to boil the vermicelli and then add milk, sugar and other ingredients. You can make both the way, but below is the full proof method to make a kheer.
Here we are with simple, easy to make Seviyan Kheer or payasam.
Vermicelli: 1 cup
Clarified Butter: 1 tablespoon
Milk: 3 cup
Water: 1 cup
Sugar: 1/4th Cup (as per your taste)
Cashew, raising & charoli(Chironji): 7-8
Saffron: 1-2 string (optional)
Recipe for Vermicelli Kheer or Payasam:
1. Take clarified butter in heavy bottom pan or nonstick pan. Heat on low flame.
2. Once heated, fry vermicelli till light brown or golden colour on low flame.
3. Remove vermicelli on a plate. Keep it aside.
4. In same pan, add milk and water together and let it simmer. Add sugar and mix it properly. Keep on low flame till the milk gets a little thick, around 10 minutes.
5. Add fried vermicelli and stir it in-between, so it will mix properly.
6. Add cardamom powder, and all dry fruits and saffron if you have.
7. Stir it continuously another 5 minute. In this time, if you feel, the mixture become more thicker than you can add extra milk also around half cup.
8. Kheer is ready to serve. You can serve hot or or keep it in the fridge and serve chilled.
Try our various Dessert Recipe here.
Yummy Indian Recipe