How To make Homemade Palak Paneer Recipe
Spinach with cottage cheese makes a good combination in vegetable gravy. “Palak Paneer” one of the favorite, delicious and the healthy vegetable gravy in Punjabi or North Indian cuisines. It is basically bite size cottage cheese gets simmered in the spinach or Palak gravy.
I have added shallow fry paneer cubes if you want you can just skip this. Actually, we, love little crunch in paneer so when you fry the paneer it will get little crunchy from the outside and soft inside. There is various ways to make Palak paneer, blanching spinach or without blanching or you can add fresh cream, tomato purée or sour curd as well.
This recipe is my mother-in-law’s version which can easily go with naan, wheat roti or rice roti as well. It has become a favorite with my hubby and in-laws. Making Palak paneer and rice roti is the best combination in my home. I cannot say this is an authentic Palak paneer recipe, but, I can assure you the taste is the same which you will get in any restaurants.
Here, I have added tomato purée and some fresh cream. Fresh cream gives nice rich and smooth taste to gravy.
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Recipe type & Cuisine: Indian
Makes: 4 Serve
Sources: MIL Recipe
Spinach / Palak : 2 Cup tightly packed or 1 Big Bunch
Paneer/Cottage Cheese: 200 Gm in Cubes
Water : 3 Cup (For Blanching Spinach)
Onion : 1 Medium size, Pureed
Tomato : 1 Medium, Pureed
Ginger, garlic and chili paste (Mix): 2 Tspn
Jeera / Cumin Seed : ½ Tspn
Turmeric Powder : 1/4th Tspn
Chili Powder : ½ Tspn
Bay Leaf : 1
Garam Masala : 1 Tspn
Coriander & Cumin Powder : ½ Tspn
Black Paper & clove : 2-3
Cinnamon : 1inch piece
Oil: 1 Tspn
Homemade Palak Paneer Recipe:
- Rinse the spinach leaves in running water. Clean all the leaves.
- Boil water in the Vessel. Add spinach and pinch of salt for 30 Sec and switch of the Gas. Close the vessel with lid for 5 minutes.
- Meantime, Grind Onion, Black Paper, cinnamon, cloves together. Remove this from Grinder and add Tomato and grind it well. Make smooth puree.
- Keep nonstick Kadhai on heat, add oil, once the oil heated and Cumin seed and Bay leaf. Let them splutter. Add ginger, garlic and chilli paste.
- Once done, add onion paste and mix it well until onion paste gets a little brown.
- Add Tomato puree and cook for next 3-4 minutes till tomato and onion get cooked and leave the oil from edges.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and mix it well. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Meantime, remove spinach from water and rinse it in a cool water tab and make it puree. Don’t add water while making puree.
- Add spinach puree in Masala mixture and mix it well. Add Garam Masala. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cut Paneer in cubes and shallow fry till the paneer get brown and a little crispy from the edges.
- Add those Paneer cubes in gravy. Mix well. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add fresh cream and switch of the Gas. PALAK PANEER is ready to serve.
Notes: There is no need to shallow fry the Paneer. You can avoid this step.
Few other Paneer Recipes:
Yummy Indian Recipes