Paneer Tikka is a delicious mouth-watering recipe who anyone can make on either microwave oven or on stove top (Tava). This recipe was my to-do list from last few days. We all love tandoori item in my home either it can be a vegetarian or non-vegetarian.
I made this tikka’s from basic ingredient which we normally use in our kitchen just excluding one or two like Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves). I haven’t used kasuri methi before but it gives very different taste and nice aromas to the tikka’s. You can select spices as per your taste and have this as a starter or evening snacks. I used mild masala’s because of Prisha as she also like fried and chatapata items.
So here we go with our first recipe Paneer Tikka
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Serves: 3-4 People
Sources : Recipe book
Paneer: 200 gm
Capscicum: ½ medium size
Hung Curd: 1 cup
Giner: 1 inch
Garlic: 7-8 piece
Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves ): ½ tsp
Garam Masala: ½ tsp
Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
Tandoori Masala: 1 tbsp
Chat Masala: 1 tsp
Tandoori Color: A pinch (if required)
Oil: 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Salt: as per requirement
For Garnish/Serving: Green Chutney
- Take a hung curd in large bowl and whisk it properly.
- Make the ginger garlic paste. Cut the paneer and vegetables in byte size cube.
- Add all ingredient in hung curd except paneer and veggies (tomato, capsicum and onion). mix it properly after mixing add all paneer and vegetables into the mixture again mix it properly so all the mixture can properly coats to paneer and veggies.
- Keep this marinated paneer in the fridge at least for 1 hour to 3 hours. You can keep it for overnight as well.
- After an hour take this from fridge and if you have rotisserie option in your Microwave oven, than skewer all paneer and vegetables properly in rotisseries. (If you don’t have rotisseries option in your oven you can just apply oil on your baking tawa or pan put all marinated mixture on tawa and baked it).
- Pour some oil on marinated Paneer.
- Select grill option and grilled it for 12-15 min till your corner of paneer starts golden and crisp.
Serving Method: You can serve this tikka’s with green chutney or have as it is. Your yummy Paneer Tikka is ready.
- You can use wooden skewer as well just keep then in water for 1 hour before using which will prevent to burning skewers.
- I have used steel skewer for my fewer tikkas (I will update those pic later)
- Some people also add Besan/gram flour. I have not used in this recipe. it also gives you crunchy texture.
Yummy Indian Recipes