Phodnichi Poli or Leftover Chapati Recipe (Spicy Chapati Crumble)
Lots of Chapati, rice or vegetables left yesterday night.. What to do now??? I can’t throw them all in the dustbin.. Mumma’s got this type of question at least for one day in a week. I too got this question most of the time.
Today, I am going to share leftover chapati or roti recipe. We, Maharashtrian call this as a “phodanichi Poli” or “Chapaticha Chivda” some people also called as a “tukde”. This is nothing but a left over Chapati tamper with chili, curry leaves and mustard seeds, etc. and added with some twist like fruit or vegetables…
Phodnichi Poli or Tadkewali roti is one of the common breakfast in Maharashtian Kitchen. It is a really healthy way to use a leftover Chapati. Also, adding a various veggies in this dish gives you more nutritional value. You can have this in morning breakfast or evening snacks with curd or tomato ketchup.
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Recipe Type & Cuisine: Breakfast, Snacks
Makes/Serves: 2 Person
7 to 8 Chapatis (A day before)
Onion :1 Small
Oil : 2 Tspn
Mustard Seed: ¼ Tspn
Pinch of Asafoetida
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Turmeric Powder : ¼ Tspn
Red Chili Powder: ½ Tspn
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste (Approx. ¼ Tspn)
Lemon Juice : ½ Tspn
Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
Recipe for Phodnichi Poli :
- Take left over chapatis. Mince them little with your hand and grind them on the grinder.
- Cut the onion in small slices.
- Heat 2 Tspn in Pan, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder and curry leaves. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add Chapati and stir over medium heat. Add sugar and salt. Give a nice stir and cover the lid and cook another 2 minute on low heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice. Serve hot!
- You can few chopped fruits or carrot.
Notes : You can add any vegetables to make it more healthy. Add chopped fruits or grated coconut while serving.
Yummy Indian Recipes