How To Make Veg Schezwan Fried Rice
Craving for Indian Chinese? Here’s a recipe to the most loved Indo-Chinese food across the country – Veg Schezwan Fried Rice. What do you do with the leftover rice? Throw it away or feed it to the crows? No more giving it away as you can prepare a delicious dish out of the leftover rice. Schezwan Fried Rice, styled with bold flavors and enhanced by spiciness, is an easy-to-prepare food item that requires sauce, masala and rice and it is can be made rather quickly.
The King of this dish is Schezwan sauce. You can use the Schezwan sauce available at the store, but make sure it tastes good as it is the main ingredient here. Apart from that, we’ll require some chopped vegetables that just to improve the flavor same like Veg fried rice. I used carrot, cabbage, bell pepper and spring onion. It’s not as tough as you think and it tastes even better than the Chinese food at the restaurant.
Next time, I will first make schezwan sauce at home, this time I used store bought Schezwan Chutney to make rice. You can make as spicy as you want, you just need to add extra chutney for spiciness. If you are making Schezwan Sauce or Chutney at home, you can control the spiciness in the chutney. For Rice, make sure it is non sticky and properly cooked. Rice need to be completely cool while adding into the Vegetables.
Let’s learn how to make it. Serve this Chinese fried rice with Veg Manchurian gravy or with paneer chilly.
Author & Creator: Bhakti
Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Cooked Rice – 2 cups (Basmati rice or regular white rice)
Oil – 2 – 2 1/2 tbsp
Onion -1 finely chopped
Garlic, minced – 2 Tablespoon
Ginger, minced – 2 Tablespoon
Mixed Vegetables, chopped – 1 1/2 Cups (carrot,cabbage and bell pepper)
Schezwan Chutney -2 Teaspoon
Spring onion – 2 Tablespoon
Soya Sauce: 1 Teaspoon
Pepper powder to taste
Salt to taste
Spring onion greens – 2 tbsp
Recipe for Schezwan Fried Rice:
- Cook rice with just enough water,and cool thoroughly. Add a few drops of oil to the rice and spread on a wide plate. OR Soak the rice for minimum 30 Minutes. Rinse the water. For 1 cup of rice, take 1 and 1/4th cup of water, Accordingly take water for 2 cup of rice and pressure cook with 3 whistle.
- Once pressure released, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate and add a few drops of oil.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai, add the onions and fry till golden brown. Add the vegetables and saute till they are cooked but still crunchy.
- Add the sauce,salt and mix well. Next add the cooked rice, mix the rice with vegetables gently.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve schezwan fried rice hot.
- Use Sesame Oil for authentic taste. Fro Healthy option , you can use cooking olive oil.
- Make sure do not cook the vegetables on High Flame only.
Yummy Indian Recipes